Brook under a Rainforest
We took the challenge of the 4-km Mountain Trail at Eden Nature Park in Davao City in August. I and my 3 kids hit the trail early in the morning, had a leisurely time negotiating the trail that traced a brook under a tropical rainforest, and completed it just in time for a late breakfast back in camp.
Aside from the adventure, my other motive was of course to take photos of the trail and a brook remains to be one of the best subjects a photographer can find under a rainforest.
Although this small pool was quite shallow I felt like it was inviting me for a quick dip.
Typical of tropical rainforests, the foliage above the brook is ever green.
The endless gurgling of the brook and the musical chirping of early birds made this section a perfect place to stop.
I felt like I wanted to stay in this place a little longer but the kids were already grumbling and a hot breakfast was waiting back in camp.
For more photos and information about the Eden Nature Park and its Mountain Trail, you can click the “My HubPages” icon above or follow these links:
- Exotic Travel Destinations – Philippines: The Eden Nature Park in Davao City
- How I Survived the Mountain Trail at Eden Nature Park
- The Waling-waling and Other Orchids and Flowers of Davao City (travellingartist.wordpress.com)
- Tropical Rainforest Facts (mademan.com)
- Experiments in Texture (travellingartist.wordpress.com)
- Still Life & Random Objects #7 (travellingartist.wordpress.com)
- Still Life & Random Objects #6 (travellingartist.wordpress.com)
- Still Life & Random Objects #8 (travellingartist.wordpress.com)