Shellfish Gatherers of Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz is a coastal town in the Province of Davao del Sur, Philippines. It lies between the cities of Davao and General Santos and thus is a perfect place for a break during the 3-hour drive between these two major cities in Mindanao.
The beach in this area is not that fantastic but still it offers good photo opportunities from time to time. I captured these images of ladies gathering seashells on the rocky beach during a recent stopover and thought of applying the texture effects of my photo editor on them. I’ve never tried this editing feature before but I quite like the result particularly in this set of photos because it seems to balance the “noise” created by the beach stones and peebles that occupy a lot of space in the pictures.
Of course there are pros and cons to applying the texture effect on photos and I initially entertained the idea of posting a parallel set of photos without the effect to allow for comparison but decided otherwise. As I said, I think the effect worked well in these photos. What do you think?
Will go back to churches and monasteries on my next post. 🙂
- Experiments in Texture (travellingartist.wordpress.com)
- Still Life & Random Objects #5 (travellingartist.wordpress.com)
- Still Life & Random Objects #7 (travellingartist.wordpress.com)
- Simple People (travellingartist.wordpress.com)
- Still Life & Random Objects #8 (travellingartist.wordpress.com)
- Spectators, Vendors and Street Sweepers (travellingartist.wordpress.com)
Pingback: Rainbow Gum in Color « A Traveller's Tale
Pingback: Jackwood Art « A Traveller's Tale