Macros & Close-ups 12: Cubes
I had no idea what they were other than that they’re probably just pieces of junk, a quartet of rusty metal cubes, about a meter wide on each side, lying on a grassy field in Kiunga. They did spark a tiny portion of my childish imagination — i.e. they were treasure chests containing emeralds and diamonds — but that’s not the reason why I took this photo. My photographic eye liked the straight corners of the cubes contrasting against the random shapes of the grass leaves highlighted by the interplay between the sunlit and the shadowy surfaces — that simple.
Related Posts by Shutter Bug:
- Macros & Close-ups 10: At Rest
- Macros & Close-ups 9: Caged
- Macros & Close-ups 8: The Surgery
- Macros & Close-ups 7: Shell Under the Rain
- Macros & Close-ups 6: Hibiscus